Information about our organisation and website
The terms of this statement are subject to our website terms and conditions, any additional terms and conditions, disclaimers or other contractual terms you have entered into with us and any applicable mandatory laws and regulations.
Accessing our site anonymously
You can access our websites’ home pages and browse some parts of our sites without disclosing information that identifies you personally. Other parts of our sites require you to provide information that identifies you personally in order for you to access restricted content.
The data we collect
We may collect data from you in a number of ways:
During the course of your visits to our websites including:
- Data you submit on the website via forms such as registration and profile updates
- Information on the pages you request; such as time of visit, content requested, IP number and other information your browser software sends to our web servers when such requests are made
When we send or receive email from you:
- The address and content of the emails concerned
- The success or failure of our attempts to send you email
- When you receive, open or click on content in emails we send you and any subsequent visits you or other recipients make to our websites
When you call us
- The telephone number you are calling from, time, date and the content of the call
- We may also record the telephone conversation in compliance with our telephone recording policy.
We may combine the information we have collected from you with information from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organisations.
Our use of your data
We will use the data we collect to provide you with the information or services you have requested and for internal customer administration and business purposes.
If you consent to receive marketing materials from us, we may use your data to send you marketing and other materials relating to the London Metal Exchange via email and/or paper form depending on the permission you have given us.
If you are not registered to receive marketing information and wish to receive such information, please register with us. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will offer you the means to consent to this new purpose: by indicating in a box at the point where personal data is collected.
Confidentiality / Security
We give you the option of using a secure transmission method to send us the following types of personal data:
- primary personal data (such as name and contact details)
- identifiers (such as credit card details, website login username and password)
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access
- improper use or disclosure
- unauthorised modification
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss
All our employees and data processors who have access to and are associated with the processing of personal data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
Access to the personal data we may hold about you
By post: 56 Leadenhall Street, London, EC3A 2DX
Phone: +44 (0) 207 264 5555
Fax: +44 (0) 207 264 5541
Email address: email@example.com
or via our Contact form