The application process to become a licensed distributor consists of the following steps:
1. Identify whether your company would like to distribute real-time, 15 minutes summary, 30 minutes or next day delayed data. Please note, applicants will be able to distribute 15 minutes delayed summary data if they apply for a real-time license. The annual license fee for distributing LME data is £9,500, except for next day distribution, which is a one-off fee of £1,500. The application requirements for each of the delay classes are different, please refer to the table at the bottom.
2. Download the appropriate application pack corresponding to the correct delay class. Review all documents, ensure you understand the document; ‘General Conditions’ which highlights the responsibilities of the licensed LME distributor in their dissemination of LME data. Please see below for items listed within the real-time and 30 minutes delayed distribution application pack and the next day delayed distribution application pack:
LME distribution application form
General Conditions relating to the distribution of information
Requirements LME Data Distribution Agreement 2014
Schedule 1 Fees 2014 LME Data Distribution Agreement
Schedule 2 Reports LME Data Distribution Agreement
Schedule 3 Audits LME Data Distribution Agreement
3. Once you have completed your application form, the LME recommends that you submit an electronic copy, along with the required information, to email@example.com for review.
4. The LME will aim to review your application within 6 weeks of receipt of your completed application pack. Please note that this review period will be extended where applicants have not provided all the information requested in the application pack.
5. After the review period, the LME will inform you if your application is successful.