About the course
This one-day introductory course will provide you with an overview of the London Metal Exchange (LME) and teach you how to use LME options to manage your price risk. This training programme offers an unparalleled opportunity to learn directly from the LME on how best to use LME options in order to benefit your business. You will learn how to use options effectively to mitigate risk by understanding LME pricing and hedging and working through relevant examples.
Classroom and virtual training
We offer our courses both in a classroom environment and virtually. Due to current UK government guidelines we are only able to offer our virtual solution at this moment in time.
All our courses, classroom and virtual, are trainer-led and offered in four locations or time zones: London, New York, Singapore, Dubai or their equivalent time zones. You will receive learning materials and if in London, have an opportunity to visit the Ring.
- Access the most comprehensive education regarding the LME ecosystem.
- Get to grips with LME pricing, hedging and delivery.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of hedging with LME options.
- Get invaluable insight brought to you first hand by our expert trainers.
- Work through relevant and practical examples to apply directly to your business.
Who should attend?
Whether you are a current user looking to understand how to use the LME more effectively, or a potential user looking to understand why and how to using LME services could benefit your business, this course is for you.
We strongly recommend that if you have no prior knowledge of the LME, you also attend our ‘Introduction to the LME: One Day’ course. The understanding gained from this course will give you the context necessary to grasp fully how to hedge with options on the LME.
This course could benefit:
- Anyone who wishes to develop a practical understanding of hedging with LME Options
- new traders on the LME
- metal producers and consumers, in particular trading, risk management, procurement and finance departments
- physical traders and merchants
- anyone with exposure or interest in metals prices and metals trading.