About the course
This course will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the London Metal Exchange (LME), its operations, services and the markets in which it operates. You will gain a deeper understanding into LME pricing, hedging and delivery as well as trading and clearing.
Class room and virtual training
We offer our courses both in a classroom environment and virtually. Due to current UK government guidelines we are only able to offer our virtual solution at this moment in time.
All our courses, classroom and virtual, are trainer-led and offered in four locations or time zones: London, New York, Singapore, Dubai or their equivalent time zones. You will receive learning materials and if in London, have an opportunity to visit the Ring.
- Access the most comprehensive education regarding the LME ecosystem.
- Get to grips with LME pricing, hedging and delivery.
- Understand metal risk, risk positions and prompt date structures.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of hedging with both LME futures and LME options.
- Get invaluable insight brought to you first hand by our expert trainers.
Who should attend?
Our introductory courses are designed for those that have little to no knowledge of the LME or managing metals price risk. Whether you are a current user looking to understand how to use the LME more effectively, or a potential user looking to understand why and how to using LME services could benefit your business, this course is for you.
This course could benefit:
- Anyone new to the metals industry
- new joiners to companies that are LME members
- new traders on the LME
- metal producers and consumers, in particular trading, risk management, procurement and finance departments
- physical traders and merchants
- warehousing and logistics organisations
- anyone with exposure or interest in metals prices and metals trading.
Register with LME.com
“A robust, interactive, and engaging course. I found the experience really fascinating and this course went above and beyond my initial expectations.”- Nanhua Financial
“Astonishing. There was so much information and it didn’t feel like a video conference. It felt like you were in the room with me”- IMR Metal Powder Technologies
“Well designed and very interesting course about LME hedging. Special kudos to the trainer who was always open to answer any hedging related question. Highly recommend!”- Sberbank
“I gained the understanding of the foundation of the markets and things started to fall into the right place.”- Natixis
“Emma did a great job adapting the course to the webinar format and also interacting with participants.”- Vale