The LME Focus Day finishes LME Week by offering a day of free-to-attend sessions which deep-dive into individual topics and new initiatives from the LME.
When: Thursday 22 October 2020, 10.00 BST (45 minutes).
Description: Nine months on from the outbreak of COVID-19 in China, we are seeing signs of a quick recovery for metals markets in the region – but will this continue? In this panel discussion we’ll hear from metals market experts on how China recovered from the pandemic, what is driving the demand, and the impact of government stimulus plans to support the market. We’ll also take a global view on which countries might see similar recovery, and which might struggle.
- Yang Liu, Head of China Sales, London Metal Exchange
- Caroline Bain, Chief Commodities Economist, Capital Economics
- Tracy Liao, Commodity Strategist, Citi Bank
- Gu Liangmin, Deputy Managing Director, Minmetals UK
- Geordie Wilkes, Head of Research, Sucden Financial