About the course
This one-day introductory course will provide you with an overview of the London Metal Exchange (LME) and teach you how to use LME options to manage your price risk. This training programme offers an unparalleled opportunity to learn directly from the LME on how best to use LME options in order to benefit your business. You will learn how to use options effectively to mitigate risk by understanding LME pricing and hedging and working through relevant examples.
Classroom and virtual training
We offer our courses both in a classroom environment and virtually.
All our courses, classroom and virtual, are trainer-led and offered in four locations or time zones: London, New York, Singapore, Dubai or their equivalent time zones. You will receive learning materials and if in London, have an opportunity to visit the Ring.
- Access the most comprehensive education regarding the LME ecosystem.
- Get to grips with LME pricing, hedging and delivery.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of hedging with LME options.
- Get invaluable insight brought to you first hand by our expert trainers.
- Work through relevant and practical examples to apply directly to your business.
Who should attend?
Whether you are a current user looking to understand how to use the LME more effectively, or a potential user looking to understand why and how to using LME services could benefit your business, this course is for you.
We strongly recommend that if you have no prior knowledge of the LME, you also attend our ‘Introduction to the LME: One Day’ course. The understanding gained from this course will give you the context necessary to grasp fully how to hedge with options on the LME.
This course could benefit:
- Anyone who wishes to develop a practical understanding of hedging with LME Options
- new traders on the LME
- metal producers and consumers, in particular trading, risk management, procurement and finance departments
- physical traders and merchants
- anyone with exposure or interest in metals prices and metals trading.
How to bookOur LME Education courses are run in conjunction with Euromoney Learning and all courses are booked via their website.
To book onto this course:
- Click the ‘Book now’ button below, this will take you to the Euromoney website.
- Ensure that you are on the correct course page by checking the course title at the top.
- Select your course via the drop down on the right-hand side of the page.
- Check that the location, date and duration of the course are correct.
- Click the blue ‘Book now’ button on the Euromoney website. This will take you to the final booking and payment pages for you to secure your place.
“A robust, interactive, and engaging course. I found the experience really fascinating and this course went above and beyond my initial expectations.”- Nanhua Financial
“Astonishing. There was so much information and it didn’t feel like a video conference. It felt like you were in the room with me”- IMR Metal Powder Technologies
“Well designed and very interesting course about LME hedging. Special kudos to the trainer who was always open to answer any hedging related question. Highly recommend!”- Sberbank
“I gained the understanding of the foundation of the markets and things started to fall into the right place.”- Natixis
“Emma did a great job adapting the course to the webinar format and also interacting with participants.”- Vale