About the courseThis half-day course focuses specifically on LME cash-settled futures contracts, providing you with a comprehensive understanding of risk positions and using futures. You will learn how cash-settled futures are priced, how to understand the forward curve, and how to use these contracts for to manage price risk.
If you make, buy or sell steel, you will learn how to use the suite of LME steel futures (steel scrap, rebar and HRC) to manage price risk volatility.
If you are part of the electric vehicle battery materials value chain and want to use the LME cash settled cobalt and lithium contracts, this course is the ideal starting point.
For those looking for a comprehensive overview of the LME, including physical delivery, warehousing and prompt dates, take a look at our “Introduction to the LME and Hedging: Three Days” course, which covers both physically settled and cash-settled futures.
Classroom and virtual training
We are currently only offering this course virtually, due to ongoing restrictions for international travel and events.
All our courses, classroom and virtual, are trainer-led. We are currently running this course in London time (GMT) as an afternoon session (starting at 13.30).
If you are interested in attending this course and this time zone doesn’t work for you, please contact us. We will open up new time zones depending on interest.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of LME cash-settled futures, risk positions and hedging with futures.
- Understand spot, forward and settlement prices.
- Get to grips with the role of the Price Reporting Agency (PRA).
- Use hedging examples including: inventory, fixed price order and buying and selling to cement your knowledge, and understand the practical considerations for hedging.
- Get invaluable insight brought to you first hand by our expert trainers.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for those that have little to no knowledge of the LME or managing metals price risk, and are considering using LME cash-settled futures in their business. Whether you are a current user looking to understand how to use the LME more effectively, or a potential user looking to understand why and how using LME services could benefit your business, this course is for you.
This course could benefit:
- The ferrous, electric vehicle (EV) and aluminium value chains (though the course is open to all)
- banks and brokers who are looking to offer LME cash-settled futures products to their clients
- new joiners to companies that are LME members
- new traders on the LME
- those involved in trading, risk management, procurement and finance departments
- those familiar with the LME but not with cash-settled futures contracts.