About the course
Our two-day introductory course will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the London Metal Exchange (LME) and teach you how to use its tools for trading and managing your price risk. This training programme offers an unparalleled opportunity to learn directly from the LME on how best to use its services in order to benefit your business. You will gain a deeper understanding into the intricacies of LME pricing, hedging and delivery, enabling you to use LME prices and contracts effectively in your operations for trading and risk management.
LME Education courses are now accredited by The Institute of Banking & Finance Singapore (IBF). As a part of the Financial Training Scheme (FTS), our courses are recognised by IBF and as a result, delegates can now apply for funding when attending an LME Education training programme.
If you are a Singapore-based financial institution regulated by MAS (licensed or exempt from licensing by MAS) or a FinTech firm certified by Singapore FinTech Association, then you can apply for subsidies of up to 90% when attending an LME Education course.
Find out more about the scheme here.
Apply for funding here.
Classroom and virtual training
We offer our courses both in a classroom environment and virtually. Due to current UK government guidelines we are only able to offer our virtual solution at this moment in time.
All our courses, classroom and virtual, are trainer-led and offered in four locations or time zones: London, New York, Singapore, Dubai or their equivalent time zones. You will receive learning materials and if in London, have an opportunity to visit the Ring.
- Access the most comprehensive education regarding the LME ecosystem.
- Get to grips with LME pricing, hedging and delivery.
- Understand metal risk, risk positions and prompt date structures.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of hedging with both LME futures and LME options.
- Get invaluable insight brought to you first hand by our expert trainers.
- Work through relevant and practical to apply directly to your business.
Who should attend?
Our introductory courses are designed for those that have little to no knowledge of the LME or managing metals price risk. Whether you are a current user looking to understand how to use the LME more effectively, or a potential user looking to understand why and how to using LME services could benefit your business, this course is for you.
This course could benefit:
- Anyone new to the metals industry
- new joiners to companies that are LME members
- new traders on the LME
- metal producers and consumers, in particular trading, risk management, procurement and finance departments
- physical traders and merchants
- warehousing and logistics organisations
- anyone with exposure or interest in metals prices and metals trading.
Register with LME.com
“A robust, interactive, and engaging course. I found the experience really fascinating and this course went above and beyond my initial expectations.”- Nanhua Financial
“Astonishing. There was so much information and it didn’t feel like a video conference. It felt like you were in the room with me”- IMR Metal Powder Technologies
“Well designed and very interesting course about LME hedging. Special kudos to the trainer who was always open to answer any hedging related question. Highly recommend!”- Sberbank
“I gained the understanding of the foundation of the markets and things started to fall into the right place.”- Natixis
“Emma did a great job adapting the course to the webinar format and also interacting with participants.”- Vale