You can watch each session from the seminar on demand here.
CEO welcome address
Nicolas Aguzin, Chief executive, HKEX
Industry keynote address
Hilde Merete Aasheim, President and CEO, Hydro
Economic keynote: global economic outlook
Neil Shearing, Global Chief Economist, Capital Economics
China's role in the global metals market
- Post-COVID recovery – how quickly China has recovered and what is the impact on commodities prices?
- Pricing power – global dependence on China and the move to increased domestic production
- China’s decarbonisation strategy and its impact on metals industry
Moderated by: Yang Liu, Head of China Sales, London Metal Exchange
The metals debate
The commodities super cycle – bull or bear for LME metals?
Moderated by: Mark Burton, Journalist, Bloomberg
The digitalisation of the metals market
- How is the market evolving through adoption of new technologies?
- What are the key drivers and barriers for change?
- What questions should physical players consider?
Moderated by: Robin Martin, Head of Market Development, London Metal Exchange
Sustainability and mining - the green revolution paradox
Metals are considered essential to support the “green revolution”, but this demand poses a number of key questions for the mining industry which produces them:
- Can “green technology” be considered green, if it depends on materials which have not been produced sustainably?
- What work has the mining industry already done to address these issues, and what more does it need to do to change its reputation? What is the tipping point at which mining can be considered sustainable?
- Why are some countries lobbying against the mining industry?
- How much does the ‘green revolution’ rely on mining? And is it possible to meet this demand?
- What infrastructure and technology are required for a sustainable planet?
Moderated by: Neil Hume, Natural Resources Editor, Financial Times
Stay up to date
Register with LME.com
Receive full access to all our price data and gain access to our monthly LME newsletter, packed with market tips and insights from our on-staff specialists.