The London Metal Exchange (LME) and LME Clear published a “Discussion Paper on Market Structure” which comprehensively set out the LME’s vision and invited feedback from market participants.
A market-wide engagement programme basis the Discussion Paper - ran from 24 April 2017 to 30 June 2017 and sought feedback on the following topics:
- The LME ecosystem, its stakeholders and their needs;
- Trading and booking structures, and the date system;
- Clearing structures and services;
- Delivery and physical market structure;
- Membership; and
- Volumes, fee structures and new products.
The LME held a market-wide update forum on Monday 24 April where we presented on the Discussion Paper and a number of other topics. The slide deck is available below