In 2017, the LME published a discussion paper on market structure in which the the LME comprehensively set out its vision invited feedback from market participants.
A market-wide engagement programme basis the discussion paper ran from 24 April 2017 to 30 June 2017 and sought feedback on the following topics:
- the LME ecosystem, its stakeholders and their needs
- trading and booking structures, and the date system
- clearing structures and services
- delivery and physical market structure
- volumes, fee structures and new products
The LME held a market-wide update forum on Monday 24 April where we presented on the discussion paper and a number of other topics. The slide deck is available below: