In 2017, the LME published a Discussion Paper on Market Structure in which the the LME comprehensively set out its vision invited feedback from market participants.
A market-wide engagement programme basis the discussion paper ran from 24 April 2017 to 30 June 2017 and sought feedback on the following topics:
- The LME ecosystem, its stakeholders and their needs;
- Trading and booking structures, and the date system;
- Clearing structures and services;
- Delivery and physical market structure;
- Membership; and
- Volumes, fee structures and new products.
Discussion Paper on Market Structure (PDF)
The LME held a market-wide update forum on Monday 24 April where we presented on the Discussion Paper and a number of other topics. The slide deck is available below
24 April London Update Forum: Presentation (PDF)
Stay up to date
Register with LME.com
Receive full access to all our price data and gain access to our monthly LME newsletter, packed with market tips and insights from our on-staff specialists.