Published in September 2017, the Strategic Pathway set out our vision to drive growth, following a comprehensive period of engagement with the market.
The Strategic Pathway is underpinned by four key principles:
- serving the physical market by providing pricing, risk management and terminal market services to the global physical metals industry
- ensuring fairness and non-discriminatory access to our market
- increasing user choice and meeting the varied needs of all the LME’s users
- maximising trading efficiency for customers.
Following the 2017 discussion paper and taking into account market feedback, the LME implemented:
- 2017: carry-fee reductions; tick size review
- H1 2018: Financial OTC Booking Fee introduction; introducing broker membership; B share initiatives; optional T2 booking model
- H2 2018: new product launches; implied pricing; TAS functionality
- 2019: enhancements to clearing services and electronic trading platform.