The LME Metals Seminar 2022 has now ended.
Thank you for joining us for the LME Metals Seminar. Below is the agenda for 2022. Join us during LME Week in 2023!
07.45 - RegistrationDoors open for registration
Breakfast and networking
08.15 - LME Metals Seminar starts
James Cressy, Interim LME Clear CEO
08.20 - CEO welcome address
Nicolas Aguzin, Chief Executive, HKEX
08.35 - Industry keynote address
Inka Guixa, CEO, La Farga
08.55 - Economic keynote: global economic outlook
Sven Smit, McKinsey & Company
09.20 - From globalisation to regionalisation – how the geopolitical landscape is shaping the metals market
Moderator - Robin Martin, Head of Market Development, LME
- Kwasi Ampofo, Bloomberg
- Michael Haigh, Societe Generale
- Max Layton, Citi Research
- Colin Hamilton, BMO Capital Markets
10.05 - Break
10.30 - The Metals Debate
- Aluminium, Jorge Vasquez, Harbor Aluminum
- Copper, Ed Meir, Commodity Research Group
- Lead/zinc, Natalie Scott-Gray, StoneX Financial Ltd
- Nickel, Jim Lennon, Macquarie Bank
- Steel, Colin Richardson, Argus Media
- Tin, James Willoughby, International Tin Association
Moderator - Andrea Hotter, Special Correspondent, Fastmarkets
11.40 - Break
12.00 - Spotlight on China policy and its impact on metals
Moderator - Yang Liu, Head of China Sales, LME
- Amelia Fu Xiao, BOCI
- Clyde Russell, Thomson Reuters
- Jinny Yang, ICBC Standard
- Julian Kettle, Wood Mackenzie
Topic: Understanding China – Priorities and uncertainties
- China's economic outlook
- China policy interpretation and implementation
- How China's policy may impact the metals market
- New drivers of China's future
12.45 - From end to end - setting expectations in ESG performance
- Are the expectations of consumers realistic?
- Are the frustrations of producers justified?
- What initiatives have a chance to bridge any gaps?
- Does ESG undermine competitiveness?
- How do we make sense of ESG data? (is it reliable?)
- E vs ESG
Moderator - Stacy Hope, Ph.D, Managing Director, Women in Mining UK
- Scott Maloney, Teck
- Wouter de Groot, FLSmidth
- Michèle Brülhart, Copper Mark
- Adam Johnson, Jaguar Land Rover
13.30 - Networking lunch
14.00 - LME Sustainability AfternoonThe LME Sustainability Afternoon 2022 has now ended.
14.00-14.15 - LME self-assessment – progress against the LME sustainability strategy
Georgina Hallett, Chief Sustainability Officer, LME
14.15-14.35 - LMEpassport – the drive to transparency and comparability
Hugo Brodie, VP – Sustainability, LME
14.35-14.55 - Responsible sourcing – highlights from year one
Nicole Hanson, Responsible Sourcing Manager, LME
14.55-15.15 - The producer view – independent assessment of progressIlse Schoeters, Head of Responsible Sourcing - Metals and Minerals, Glencore
15.15-15.35 - Walking the walk: net zero plans
Alice Lim, AVP - Sustainability, LME
Speaker: Simon Weaver, KPMG
15.35-15.45 - Break
15.45-16.30 - The ESG debate
E vs S vs G - How inter-dependent are the ESG markers, or should we be prioritising one over the others? Representatives for each sector will give a seven-minute presentation on why their issue should be the focus, followed by a group debate.
Moderator - Jeremy Grant.
- Jane Nelson, Harvard University
- Adam Hearne, CarbonChain
- James McQuilken, Pact
16.30 - Close
For further information on sponsorship or if you have any questions, please contact our LME Events team.